180 to 220 grams of mojama de bonito or dry-cured tuna
- One average each peace of Dona Maria Gourmet mojama de bonito weights about 7 oz (200 grams)
- Mojama de bonito (sarda spp.) in Spanish or Muxama de atum in Portuguese is dry-cured tuna
- Ingredients: Bonito (sarda spp.) and sea salt
- Mojama de bonito is a 100% natural product, rich in proteins, Vitamin D and Omega 3
- Doesn´t require refrigeration. Store between 32 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit (0 and 25º C). 3 to 4 month shelf live after receipt
- Each vacuum packaged peace of mojama de bonito measures about 9 inches and has a shelf life of between one and two months
Serving suggestion: The most common way to serve mojama de bonito is in thin slices of about 2 or 3 mm thick, watered with a yarn of a good extra virgin olive oil that will enhance its flavor. It can be accompanied with fried or toasted almonds. To drink, blond beers with low alcoholic strength, or a white wine such as a fine Jerez is suitable.
The mojama is a salami of tuna (or bonito) that is made by pressing the meat of the fish in thick salt, that is then washed off and allowed to dry in the air during several days. Many compare it to ham and jerky, as the final texture is similar.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Dona Maria Gourmet ® products are donated to charities that help preserve the environment or promote sustainable agriculture. For more information on previous donations, or to suggest a charity, please visit the Why We Donate.